Medical Advisory Committee
- Dr. Ruth Collins-Nakai (Cardiologist/Business Consultant), Committee Chair
Ruth Collins-Nakai, MD, MBA, FRCPC, MACC spent 30 years as a cardiologist, teacher and researcher at the University of Alberta in various positions including Professor of Pediatrics and Associate Dean in the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry. Dr. Collins-Nakai received her medical degree from the University of Alberta in 1972 and her MBA from the University of Alberta in 1998. She has held leadership positions including the presidency in numerous provincial, national and international cardiovascular and scientific organizations. In addition, she has always served her community, most recently as a Board member and Vice-Chair of Grant MacEwan College, and as a member and director of The Muttart Foundation. She has received many honours and awards, including the being named one of Alberta's 100 Physicians of the Century (2005), Alberta Centennial Medal (2006), YMCA’s Women of Distinction Lois E. Hole’s Lifetime Achievement Award (2007), the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta Certificate for Meritorious Service (2007), and the Canadian Medical Association Medal of Service (2008).
- Dr. Keith Bowering (Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta)
- Dr. Jutta Preiksaitis (Professor, University of Alberta)
- Dr. Robert Rennie (Site Chief , Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Alberta)
- Dr. Edward Tredget (Professor, Department of Surgery, University of Alberta)